2013 AmCham Committees Agenda
||ECON. & FINANCE
|| INFO. & TECHNOLOGY
||LEGAL AFFAIRS||Factor f+m|
| 3rd Thur
|2nd / 4 th Thur 12:00 noon
CORPORATE SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY
• Focuses on the role and nature of business in bringing CSR issues center stage.
• Emphasis on how companies respond to the agenda for corporate citizenship and the growing need to manage issues that affect their business reputation.
• Examines how companies respond to the increasing needs and concerns of a range of different stakeholders.
ECONOMICS AND FINANCE
• Provides timely in-depth analysis and interpretation of the economic and financial situation of Costa Rica, the US and other countries.
• Discusses and analyses macroeconomic policies: fluctuation of exchange rates, inflation, interest rates, taxes, trade policies and international markets.
• Serves as a forum for analysis and discussion of Central Bank policies.
• Monitors matters related to the legal aspects of investing and doing business in Costa Rica.
• Advises and recommends possible courses of action to Board of Directors on congressional and or government initiatives that negatively impact the business and investment climate.
• Collaborates with Costa Rican legislators by providing expertise on intellectual property rights, land titling, tax, insurance, environment and concessions.
• Subcommittees: Tax, Intelectual Property, Free Trade Zones, Concessions, Energy, Telecomunications, Regulatory Compliance.
• Monitors laws and proposed legislation that impact how local and international companies handle environmental related matters in Costa Rica.
• Encourages private sector involvement in ecologically-oriented programs that benefit the local community and Costa Rica.
• Provides opportunities for sharing of best practices.
• Provides members with up to date information on US and Costa Rican trade policy and related matters affecting the bilateral trading relationship.
• Monitors CAFTA implementation process.
• Monitors Foreign Trade Agreements Costa Rica is negotiating with other countries.
• Emphasis on competitiveness issues.
• Local and international speakers are invited to expose on investment and trade related topics.
Contact Laura Pérez to join our committees.